Saturday, February 04, 2006

Blog Envy

After a lot of pressure from my college friends(Mike, Echo), I finally decided to start a blog for posting art work, pics, and thoughts. Currently I'm working on applying to various art schools to transfer to for Fall 2006--RISD, Pratt Institute, SVA, Corcoran, and possibly NYU. It's tough to balance school and shooting slides, writing essays, and completing drawing exercises. I'm shooting for a pretty big scholarship.

Here's a drawing that I included in my portfolio. Just a simple study.


This is one of my favorites. I had to draw this with an ordinary ball point pen, and in order to get a grade, I had to empty the entire contents of the pen. Sounds easy? It took forever.


A nude from 2005. After Drawing II class, I really started to get the hang of drawing accurately from life.

2 comments:

Mike Manley said...

Welcome to Blogtown Comrad! I like the sketch of the square.

MM

Echo Shi Volla said...

Hey there great works keep up